1) The sense of relaxation is amazing. Any niggly things that were bothering me before a class just don’t matter quite so much after a nice long savasana. And I know I’m going to sleep very well too.
2) Yoga helps you to become a more positive person. Meditation has made me much more aware of my thoughts and I can see trends in my thinking. If I feel like I’m going round the houses, regurgitating the same thoughts all day, I have more awareness to try and put an end to it.
3) Having grown up not being at all gymnastically or athletically inclined, I am proud to say that I can now stand on my head and sit in lotus.
4) Through going to the Sivananda Centre in London and attending satsangs, I feel like I’m part of a community of like-minded people. I know I’ll always see a familiar face there and I always feel welcome.
5) Yoga opens doors. I’ve had fab trips to India, Europe and been on various retreats across the UK. I’ve enjoyed every single one and met some great people along the way.
And now over to you. What is it about yoga that you love?